REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF INTERNSHIP
- By the end of the training year, all competency areas will be rated at a level of “6” or higher reflecting a readiness for entry level practice and licensure in all competency areas. (Please see evaluation procedures and forms under the “Competency Evaluation” tab of this website as well as program aims, competencies and outcomes under the “Our Program” tab of this website.
- Adequate progress during the program will be defined as:
- Achieving a minimum rating of “5” in all rated competency areas from all supervisors on the “Feedback forms” at the mid-rotation points (3 and 9 month points)
- Achieving a minimum rating of a “5” in all competency areas on the Summary Competency Evaluation form and ratings of“6” or higher in at least 50% of competency areas by the end of the first six-month rotation
- Achieving ratings of “6” or higher in all competency areas on the Summary Competency Evaluation form at the end of the training year reflecting readiness for entry level practice
- If adequate progress is not being made, a remediation plan will be developed (please see remediation procedures under the “Other Policies” tab of this website)
- Adherence to all applicable House Staff policies GME House Staff Policies the APA ethics code http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx and Indiana law http://www.in.gov/pla/3870.htm
- Completion of all core and elective rotations agreed upon at the start of the training year unless modifications are agreed upon by the intern and training faculty.
- Completion of 1-year of full-time training (40 hours per week - 2000 hours total), and a minimum of 500 hours of direct patient contact. The internship starts the first working day of July, and concludes the last working day of June. No alterations of this time frame are possible except as noted in the Time off and Leave policies that can be found under the “Other Policies” tab of this website.
- Engaging in a minimum of four hours of supervision per week, at least two of which are regularly scheduled individual, face to face meetings with a core or specialty supervisor. Please also see supervision requirements under the “Other Policies” tab of this website.
- Attendance of at least 75% of Department of Psychiatry Grand Rounds each week they are offered. Missed sessions may be made up by viewing the recordings of Grand Rounds.
- Attendance for the full afternoon of didactics each week they are offered unless leave has been approved consistent with the Internship Leave of Absence Policy.
- Attendance at Director’s Conference unless leave has been approved consistent with the Internship Leave of Absence Policy.